The town of Underhill, Vermont, where I live and where my business, Pleasant Valley Real Estate, is located, is celebrating a milestone. Underhill Vermont 250 year anniversary is this year! On Saturday, June 8, the town will take it to the streets and celebrate Underhill receiving its royal charter 250 years ago. Here is a schedule of the day’s events:
Parade forms at Lower English Settlement Road, proceeds east on River Road and Pleasant Valley Road, and ends at Underhill Central School.
Note: These roads will be closed for a few hours. Watch for detour signs! After the parade, Pleasant Valley Road will be open only to Bear Town Road. Cars with handicapped people should stop at the cones at Bear Town Road where they will be allowed to proceed to the Town Hall. There will be no parking on Pleasant Valley Road beyond Bear Town Road to the elementary school.
Town photo in front of Town Hall. All residents are urged to take part.
Chicken barbeque in the tent next to Town Hall. Those with reservations will be served first. Hamburgers and hot dogs are also available to all. Donations accepted.
12:30 — 5 p.m.
Activities at Town Hall and at District 5 Schoolhouse at Pleasant Valley and Stevensville Roads will include:
- Local performers providing music and song until 5:30
- Children’s games and activities
- Displays in Town Hall and at School House #5
- Antique farm equipment, old tools and vehicles at Moore Park
- Pie-eating contest at 3 p.m. (Look for me there!)
- Farmers’ Market at Old School House
- For posterity, impromptu interviews by students of town residents (in interview tent)
- Commemorative T-shirts for sale at Underhill Historical Society tent
- Civic organization booths. Information booth at Town Hall
4:20 p.m. (approx.)
Antique Auto Club parade through Underhill Center.
Come join the fun and celebrate Underhill Vermont’s 250 year anniversary. Hope to see you there!
P.S. Jericho Vermont is also celebrating its 250th anniversary. Please go to Jericho’s web site for more information.