I am a Vermont real estate agent with Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty in Stowe. When I have my initial meeting with sellers, inevitably the first thing they ask is, “What can Sotheby’s do for me?” What they are really asking is, “Why list with Sotheby’s?”
I will answer that question shortly, but first, a little background.
Most people think Sotheby’s is strictly luxury real estate, but that’s really not the case. Sotheby’s does have a strong and prestigious presence in the luxury real estate market, but moderately price homes are where the action is.
Sotheby’s defines luxury homes as anything over $700,000. In Vermont, the average list price of a residential house is $300,000. As of February 1, 2015, there were 2,337 residential listings on the Vermont market priced in the $200,000 to $400,000 range. Many are listed with agents at Sotheby’s 13 sales offices throughout Vermont.
So, now we come back to the original question: Why list with Sotheby’s?
Sotheby’s has an incredible marketing machine that will give your house more exposure than any other agency out there. They have systems in place that can work for everyone, no matter the asking price of the house. Here is what happens the moment you list your house with me:
- A professional photographer shoots your home in the best light possible, taking advantage of creative angles, appealing features, and special interests.
- I upload the listing information and photos to Sotheby’s website, where anyone can search for it under categories such as city, state, destination, lifestyle, ski country, lakefront, etc.
- In order to increase exposure for your home and ultimately uncover the right buyer, Sotheby’s has partnered with 19 of the most significant media companies and real estate-focused website in the world, such as The New York Times, Dwell, Trulia, The Wall Street Journal, and Zillow, to name just 5 of the 19 sites. To measure results, Sotheby’s provides a property report that shows the activity your property receives online, such as which site and what city the activity came from.
Sotheby’s marketing tools also enable me to do the following:
- Announce the new listing to other Realtors via an email flyer. Those other Realtors might be working with a client who is looking for a house just like yours.
- Send out a postcard to everyone in your neighborhood and beyond to let them know your house is on the market.
- Create a professional brochure of your property that I leave on site for others to see.
It’s not just Internet. Sotheby’s has a huge presence in newspapers and magazines. They believe in print advertising because they know the best way to sell a property is to give it the best exposure possible.
In addition to all the marketing tools Sotheby’s provides, I personally work the social media angle. Once your home is listed with me I include it in blogs that are published on my personal website and I promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and Instagram. In this age of social communication and mobile devices, you never know where a lead will come from. Links to my social media sites are below my pic.
I am excited to be a Realtor at Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty. They provide me with the best tools available so that I can market your property to the broadest audience possible.
So there you go. That’s why I think you should list with Sotheby’s. And me!
Are you ready? Give me a call, text me, or send me an email.